Fairy Wishes Card

IMG_1730

Today’s project is an ethereal twilight fairy greeting card, using a whole load of supplies that I have found in my stash.  This card has been created using Lavinia Stamps Designs products, as well as a lovely toadstool stamp from Clarity Stamps.

 

Firstly, I created my card blank by cutting a piece of Creative Expressions “Midnight Blue” pearlescent cardstock to 14.5 x 29cm and then folding in half.  Whilst I had my paper trimmer out, I also cut 2 pieces of linen texture white card, the first measuring 14.1 x 14.1cm and the second measuring 13.7 x 13.7cm.

 

On the larger of the 2 white panels, I painted a border with some gold acrylic paint (as I did not have any gold mirri card in my stash).  On the plus side, it gave a really delicate shimmer that fits in with the card design beautifully.

 

I stamped the Toadstools with Archival Ink in “Jet Black” and then, using Pebeo Drawing Gum, I covered the whole of the toadstool to protect the image when I add the oxide inks to the background.

IMG_1498

I placed some Distress Oxide onto my glass mat and spritzed it with water before I smooshed the card onto it.  I used “Worn Lipstick”, “Broken China” and “Fossilized Amber”.  I did this twice, drying the card thoroughly in between each smoosh.

 

I removed the masking fluid then stamped some texture using a script stamp with “Rose Madder” Archival ink.

IMG_1500

Using a blending tool, I went onto the edges of the panel with “Faded Jeans” Distress Oxide, going a bit darker in the top corners.  I then watered down some “Mother of Pearl” Docrafts Artiste acrylic paint and added some splashes with a small paintbrush, to create some stars.

IMG_1502

To colour the toadstools, I used Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints in ”Golden Malachite”, “Antique Green” and Raspberry Blue”, before adding some detail to them using “Robin’s Egg” Liquid Pearls (from Ranger).

 

I created some small hills at the very bottom of the card panel, using black gesso applied with a piece of cut and dry foam (from Ranger) and used a torn piece of paper as a stencil/mask.

IMG_1528

I stamped some small toadstools directly onto the card using Archival “Jet Black” ink.  For the fairy, I only stamped her body onto the card (making sure to mask off the wings when inking it up (I have other ideas for her wings).

 

I stamped and embossed the sentiment (that came with the fairy stamp set) with VersaMark and gold embossing powder from Wow! Before heat setting it.

IMG_1734

I edged the finished card panel with the black Archival and a piece of cut and dry foam (from Ranger) before gluing the panel to the gold edged card mat and then onto the card blank.

 

Okay, for the fairy’s wings – I used a black StazOn ink pad and inked up the wings before stamping onto a piece of Dura-Lar (a thick form of acetate that takes wet mediums and heat very well.  Once the ink was dry, I applied some “Star Dust” Stickles over the wings, on the REVERSE side of the stamped image.  Once this has dried, I cut out the wings and attached them onto the fairy’s body on the card using Glossy Accents.

IMG_1733

For a finishing touch, I applied “Star Dust” Stickles and a clear Wink of Stella pen to the tops of the toadstools and in with the fairy dust, to add some magical sparkle and added some grass detail using a Pigma Micron pen.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I hope you liked this card.  Please feel free to follow me on here for further projects.  Alternatively, I can be found on Facebook by clicking here or on Instagram by clicking here.

Happy crafting, Gem x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s